When you have decided to sell your home, selling quickly is key to getting the most bang for your buck. Homes that linger on the market often have to reduce the asking price in order to sell. Here are 7 tips for selling your home fast.
1. Declutter – Clutter makes your home feel smaller than it is. Remove the clutter and you increase the perceived space in the home.
2. Use exceptional photos – The photos on your listing are the buyer’s first time seeing your home and your home’s first impression. Make sure its a good first impression with outstanding photos. Your agent should have a professional they recommend for listing photos if needed.
3. Hire professional cleaners – Your home should be exceptionally clean for showings. Hire a professional cleaning service to do a deep cleaning through the entire house, getting every nook and cranny so you can be confident your home is as clean as possible.
4. Care for your landscaping – Your landscaping and curb appeal is your home’s second chance to make a first impression. Make sure it’s the best first impression possible by taking good care of your landscaping. Just like with cleaning, consider hiring a professional landscaping company to come out and care for your yard so it looks wonderful for showings.
5. Update the kitchen – Kitchens and bathrooms are a huge factor in selling your home. Their importance cannot be overstated. Replacing an old appliance or getting fresh new countertops can make a huge difference in selling your home fast. What money you do put in for kitchen updates will likely be more than recouped in a higher asking price and sales price for your home.
6. Tackle odors – Nothing sends buyers out the door faster than odors. Whether from trash or pet odors, stinky homes don’t sell. You want to make sure to take trash out before showings and deep clean pet areas frequently to keep pet odors at bay. It’s also a good idea to take Fido with you when you leave for showings as he can smell too.
7. Get organized – Know that buyers are going to open every closet, every drawer, every cabinet and the garage. There is no place to hide clutter from buyers so make sure all of those areas are clean and organized because buyers will see them.
These 7 tips for selling your home fast are the key to a quick home sale. The last thing you want is for your home to linger on the market costing you additional mortgage payments while the home is listed and possibly forcing you into lowering your asking price. Taking care of these 7 items will help you sell with lightning speed.